Saturday, April 4, 2009

A Polskin Video Tour of North Plainfield



Last November, I shot some video footage of North Plainfield and Plainfield. I finally got around to making a rough cut, which I've posted today. It's set to the music of Bruce Springsteen's "My Hometown." I thought it was appropriate to have Springsteen's music in the video, because in my opinion, he's the finest poet ever to emerge from our home state. As you can see, it was shot on a glorious fall day. There are some images of Front Street, which is almost totally unrecognizable from the days when we roamed downtown Plainfield. I also shot North Ave. in Plainfield where there were many factories including my father's clothing factory. This is far from a polished video (please excuse the rough edits), but it's meant to give the flavor of North Plainfield to those of you who have not been to our hometown in a number of years.

No comments: