Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Greetings from Dean Cook, NPHS Class of 1969: How HoJo's Launched His Career

We received the following email from classmate Dean Cook.  He cannot attend the reunion but he wanted everyone to know the following:

Dear Classmates:

Greetings to the class of 69!  Can you believe that my high school job at JoJo's actually set my career path?  After graduating from NPHS, I drove my Firebird to Florida to study hotel management at St. petersburg College.  My hotel career spanned 37 years and I worked in states from Florida to Massachusetts.  I worked at Hiltons, Ramadas and Holiday Inns.  My positions included general manager, director of operations, construction coordinator and project designer.

I have been married to my wife Donna for 42 years.  We have two sons and two grandsons.  Together, we have enjoyed cruising our boats on Barnegat Bay, the Hudson River and the Chesapeake Bay.  We also enjoy restoring or customizing several old cars, including a 1957 Chevy.  We are now both retired and moved to Pennsylvania this past January to be close to our grandkids (!).  We are building a new house near Hershey.  I enjoy playing golf, winters in Florida, and -- of course -- looking for old cars.

Love to all my friends from NPHS!

Dean Cook
dcookhh@hotmail.com

No comments: